to Haley Buckman, Emma Nahon, Edan Leshem and Ben Howard for qualifying for the SL Shootouts on February 3rd. Full Shoot-Out results are under the Results Tab and more information about Team CT and shootouts can be found here
Joint Pasta Dinner
Tomorrow night (1/29), 6:00-7:00pm, Hulina Home: 30 Stony Brook Road. Please carpool as parking is tight! Thank you to our hosts and all who are contributing food & drink!
We could still use a few more donations for Friday. You don’t have to bake, you can buy 🙂 Click Here if you can help! Looking for cookies, cupcakes and water donations.
Race #3 is Thursday!
Our SENIOR NIGHT race is next Thursday, 2/6. Let’s pack the bottom of the hill to cheer on our 17 terrific seniors and then join them for cake in the lodge after the race.
Line-up for racers competing today in the GS Shootouts can be found under the Race Line-Ups Tab on the website.
Good Luck to All!
Race #2 in the books!
Girls Varsity and JV both finished second to Fairfield. Nice work girls!
Boys Varsity and JV took 1st place. Congrats to Captain, Edan Leshem, who finished first overall on the course! Way to go Edan 🙂
And… we had a fun RED & WHITE “ask” at the bottom of the hill! See Photo Tab
Full race results are on Staples Ski Team Website Under Race Results Tab
- We have a host for our joint pasta dinner next week. Thank you to the Hulina Family. Please visit the sign-up genius link to volunteer to bring something: JOINT PASTA DINNER SIGN UP January 29, 2020, 6:00-7:00pm, 30 Stony Brook Rd. Parking is tight, please carpool.
- The make-up race for the one missed on 1/16 has been rescheduled to 2/4.
- Congrats to those racers selected to compete in the GS Shootouts on Monday 1/27. Top racers from each team compete for spots on the CT State Team. The top 30 finishers from the GS shootouts will advance to the Slalom Shootouts on February 3rd and then Team CT is decided based on the combined GS and Slalom results. (1/28 practice has been moved to 1/27)
- Ski Team is hosting its first school BAKE SALE next Friday, January 31st! Calling all bakers (or buyers!). Please sign up to help here: Bake Sale Sign Up
Due to the Shoot-Outs on Monday and the number of racers from Staples who will be competing for a spot on Team Connecticut, we will be moving our scheduled practice from Tuesday the 28th to Monday the 27th. A change to the calendar will be posted as well.
We’re still looking for a Joint Pasta Dinner Host on January 29th. 5:30-6:30. Volunteers supply all the food! Check the website under the pasta dinner tab to sign up to bring something. Email Mandy Germishuys: firstname.lastname@example.org if you can host.
If you haven’t given Becca your $600 please do ASAP. Checks should be made out to Staples Ski Team and handed directly to Becca. Do not leave on her door.
- Race #2 is tomorrow! Hope to see many of you at the mountain. Race begins at 4:40. Please see Katherine Skinner if you want to buy a CAR MAGNET! They’re great looking and only $5. She’ll be at the bottom of the hill with a big stack 🙂
Visit the Staples Ski Team Website for all important information!
Due to the snow conditions at Southington, the league has decided to postpone this weeks races. Once the rescheduled date is set, it will be reflected on the calendar. HOWEVER THE PASTA DINNER TONIGHT IS STILL ON!
If anyone needs to get their equipment out of the locker, it will be opened this afternoon (after exams) and tomorrow afternoon (at the end of the day). If those times don’t work, please contact me.
Tomorrow is the first pasta dinner of the season! Both are from 5:30-6:30pm.
The girls will be at the Skinner Home: 9 Plunkett Place
The boys will be at the Leshem Home: 37 Hermit Lane
Thank you to both our hosts and all our food volunteers.
Also! Please save the date for our End of Season Banquet. It will be on March 26th, 6:30pm at the Patterson Club.
As always, please visit the Staples Ski Team Website
for all important information!