Welcome again to the Staples Ski Team for the 2019 season!
We are hosting Pasta Dinners separately for the Girls Team and the Boys Teams. Please click on the appropriate link below to view the online sign up sheets:
Girls Pasta Dinner Sign up:
Boys Pasta Dinner Sign Up:
Thanks and Go Wreckers!
Racers and Parents
Welcome to the Staples Ski Team! We are looking forward to a great season ahead. There are a few things we wanted to share before the season officially gets under way.
- Racers and Parents: please subscribe to the Staples Ski Team website for all updates and important information. Practice canceled, race date changed? It will be posted here.
- Racers: make sure you check the Staples Boys Ski Team Facebook group frequently for updates.
- You can find extra information about our league on the CISL website.
- We love to have parents join us on race days, but if you are unable to make it you can go to http://ussalivetiming.com/ to check out how we are doing in real time. If you are able to make it, please bring your camera and take LOTS of photos!
- Here is the link to the Mt Southington website http://mountsouthington.com/ for directions.
- TEAM STRAPS ARE AVAILABLE AT $10 PER PAIR. All proceeds go to ski team activities and perks. Email Michelle Howard (email@example.com) and she can leave them at her door for easy pick up. You can venmo payment (@Livy-Howard) or pass along $10 to Charlie Howard. LANYARDS are also available for $5 from Josh Buckman.
- Race dates are currently scheduled for January 10th, 24th and 30th, February 7th and 13th. All races begin at 4:00 and are at Mount Southington
- Racers: if you didn’t get us your parent email, please make sure you forward this information on to them.
- We will be holding one full team pasta dinner and 2 girls only and 2 boys only dinners. Girls dinners will be January 9th and February 12th. Boys dinners will be January 9th and TBC (we are looking for a host – any evening before a race is best). The whole team dinner will be January 29th. Sign up genius’ to follow as it would be great to get contributions from team.
- Banquet: Please pencil in March 28th at 7pm at Patterson Club. More details to follow.
Your 2019 Captains
Maddie, Kayla and Erin
Josh, Ryan and Liam
CONGRATULATIONS to the following racers on making this years team. Please note that the following roster is organized by alphabetical order and does not indicate varsity or junior varsity rank.
BOYS TEAM 2018/2019
GIRLS TEAM 2018/2019
We will be heading up to Southington on Wednesday for TIME TRIALS! Here is what you need to know:
Wednesday Morning– the ski locker will be open at 7 am. Please plan to arrive no later than 7:15 to load your things into the closet. Captains will be there to assist, but you are responsible for bringing your skis and boot bag into the closet. The closet will close at 7:15 so that everyone can get to their first class on time.
Wednesday Afternoon– the buses will depart Staples at 3 pm. Racers DO NOT have an early dismissal. The ski closet will be opened at 2:30 and Captains will be there to help unload. Racers are responsible for loading their equipment on the bus. We expect to be back at Staples around 8 pm.
HELMETS- ALL RACERS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A FIS APPROVED HELMET ON COURSE!
For information concerning FIS helmets and what the sticker looks like, see below:
Just to make sure that we are able to go on Saturday, please fill out the following form so we have an idea of who is riding the bus and who is meeting us at the mountain.
Both are due by the beginning of practice on Monday 12/3. The cost to try out for the team is $40. All forms (CISL Racer Rules, CISL Registration, and Mount Southingon Form) are needed.
Any racer that made the team in the past year is eligible for a team jacket. The cost for the Patagonia jacket is $260 (boys and girls) and includes jacket
and embroidery. If you are interested, please see Becca. Embroidery order will be sent out on 12/7 in order to have for the start of the season.